You have completed your online guard card course, but you're not done yet. To get your guard card, you will need to follow the simple steps below.
Your first step in obtaining your guard card, will be to submit the CA State BSIS Security Guard Application. The application can mailed in to the BSIS or submitted online.
To Submit BY MAIL:
To submit the CA State BSIS Security Guard application by mail, print, fill out, and mail in the completed application.
Once you have completed filling out the application, mail it in to the BSIS at the address listed on the top of page 1 along with a $55 check made out the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS), and a copy of your completed fingerprint form
To Submit ONLINE:
- Go to: www.breeze.ca.gov
- Register as a new user and log in
- Select "Start a New Application"
- Select "Bureau of Security and Investigative Services from your choices
- Next, select Initial Security Guard Registration and follow the instructions to complete the form. (Remember to note your Instructor's name, School or Business Name, Our License # (TFF-1425), and your Certificate Serial Number.)
Former military applicants
If you are a spouse or domestic partner of an active duty member of the U.S. Armed Forces, who is assigned to a California duty station, and you currently hold a security guard license in another state, district or territory of the U.S. Disclosure is voluntary. If you check either box on the application and are seeking military-related expedited services, you must provide additional information, for example your DD214.
Read U.S. Armed Forces/Veteran Applicants information under Instructions carefully to avoid delays in the processing of your application.
Applications take approximately 4-6 weeks to be processed. Processing times may be longer depending on the time it takes for the Bureau to receive responses from the DOJ and FBI and make the necessary determinations required by law. BSIS Application Processing Times for more information.
During this step of the process, you will need to get fingerprinted by Live Scan.
- Find a Live Scan location in your area: Find the location nearest to you.
- Obtain the Security Guard Live Scan form from the BSIS:
- Complete all three copies of the form. Fill out only the information about yourself.
- Go to the Live Scan location with your completed forms and get fingerprinted.
There are NO waiting for results. The BSIS does the background check after you submit your security guard application to the state of CA.
The course certificate is not currently available at this URL. Please check the link you received and try again.
After you have submitted your guard card application and completed your live scan, you may check on the status of your application online.
- Go to the CA State Breeze License Search Page.
- Select Security and Investigative Services, Bureau Of in the BOARDS AND BUREAUS box, then select Security Guard from the LICENSE TYPE Box.
- Enter your name and click search.
Your license will appear if you've been approved. You can print this page as your temporary card until you receive your actual card in the mail.
You can also call the BSIS directly at: (800) 952-5210 to inquire about your application.
You will also need to complete courses (B) & (C). Below is the info you will need. We will send you an email reminder to complete these additional courses.
|Date of Completion||Training Hours Needed|
|Prior to Being Assigned on Post (Guard Card) Mod (A)||8 Hours|
|Training Required within the First 30 Days Mod (B)||16 Hours|
|Training Required within the First Six Months Mod (C)||16 Hours|
|TOTAL HOURS||40 HOURS|
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Applications take approximately 4-6 weeks to be processed.
No. You need to submit your Guard Card application to the state of CA first before you get your live scan.
If you need to check on the status of your Guard Card after youve submitted your application and completed your live scan, you can check their website at search.dca.ca.gov. Follow the steps above to check your status.