BSIS – Exposed Firearms Permit
This course is a mandatory training class to apply for the Exposed Firearm Permit through the State of California Department of Consumer Affairs Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS). Must be 18 years old with a current BSIS Security Guard Card. If you do not possess a current BSIS Security Guard Card you may apply for the Security Guard Card and Exposed Firearm Permit at the same time. Proof of US Citizenship or permanent residency. Must bring original document and provide a copy. No felony or prohibitive misdemeanor convictions. Classroom training must be taken within 30 days of the firearm qualification day.
Course fee is $175 (Initial qualification & primary caliber on application); any additional caliber is $25 each (ammunition costs, range fee extra, $107 (Live Scan Fee); $80 (BSIS Application fee)
- Valid State Photo ID/Drivers License (can not use a driver’s license for proof of legal status. Please bring a copy of the following:
- Proof of US Citizenship/Legal Resident Status.
- (i.e. US Birth Certificate, US Passport, US Military ID Card, DD-214,
- Naturalization Certificate or Resident Alien Card)
- Current Guard Card if already issued
- DO NOT bring firearms to class.
Range Qualification– TBD
Students must bring the following range equipment required:
Eyes & ear protection; firearm (revolver or semi-automatic); 2 speed loaders or 2 magazines; firearm & magazine holster; 100 rounds of ammunition for the initial qualifying caliber; 50 rounds for each additional caliber(s). Only approved firearms will be allowed at the range. Firearms will be inspected by the range master.