California CCW Permit Training
**Get your UT CCW training the same day as your California.**
(Fee does not include ammunition cost, range fees, applicable county processing & DOJ fees)
This course is an approved CCW training course required by the Ventura County Sheriff’s Department. Students will learn the required training in firearm safety and the law of the permissible use of a firearm. Penal Code section 12050 limits the training of new applicants not to exceed 16 hours but mandates a minimum of 4 hours refresher for renewals.
Required range equipment: Students must bring own firearm(s) and ammunition. Eyes & ear protection; firearm (revolver or semi-automatic); firearm holster; 2 speed loaders or magazines; jacket or sport jacket; 50 rounds of ammunition (primary firearm); 25 rounds per additional firearm.
CCW Renewal or Refresher Course (4 hours)
(included up to 5 guns on your permit)
Fee does not include ammo, range (lane fee) and targets.
Required range equipment: Eyes & ears protection; firearm (revolver or semi-automatic); firearm holster; ammunition speed loader or magazines; jacket or sport jacket; 50 rounds of ammunition (primary firearm); 25 rounds per additional firearm.
Utah CCW Class
This course is an approved CCW training course required by the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification. Students will learn the required training in firearm safety and laws. A certificate of satisfactory completion will be issued to students who demonstrate the knowledge and proficiency.
Note: The Utah CCW permit will be good for California in the near future under the National Right to Carry law. Get your permit now to avoid the backlog after the law passes !
- Laws and regulations
- Criminal and civil liabilities
- Law enforcement contacts
- Self defense and the use of deadly force by a private citizen
- Escalation and deescalation of force
- Transportation of firearms
- Firearms safety rules
- Types of firearms
- Safe handling of firearms
- Basic shooting positions
- Cleaning your firearm
- Concealment of your firearm
- Reciprocity and Recognition ( What sates your permit is good for )
- Currently a Utah CCW permit is good for 35 states. So if you plan on traveling in the future with a concealed firearm, you need this permit. Note: A Utah CCW permit is NOT GOOD for CALIFORNIA.
- You do not have to be a resident of Utah to receive your Utah CCW Permit.
- Utah is a “shall issue” state. As long as you do not have a criminal background,you will be issued a permit.
- Utah does not require you to shoot in order to receive a permit.
- Receive your permit within 60 days after you submit your paperwork.
- Utah CCW permit is good for (5) years before you must renew.
We provide all of the necessary paperwork in order for you to apply for a UT CCW permit.
Reciprocity with Other States
- New Hampshire
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
- Washington State
- West Virginia
The following states recognize the Utah concealed firearm permit. (Click on the name of the state for further information):
The following states DO NOT recognize the Utah concealed firearm permit. (Click on the name of the state for further information):
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina